CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Let's Roll!"

"Let's Roll! Finding Hope in the Midst of Crisis" by Lisa Beamer


I found this book thanks to one of my guard girls. This book is the story of Todd Beamer, one of the Heroes on United Flight 93, the flight that went down in Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. It is written by Todd Beamer's widow, Lisa Beamer. It is a touching book and I would highly recommend it to anyone. In the book, Lisa Beamer talks about Todd's childhood and his college years, as well as her own childhood and college years. She tells of how they met, fell in love, got engaged, got married, and started a family of their own. She also talks about the relationship she and her late husband had with God. She tells the reader how her faith helped to get her through some of the toughest times in her life. Those times included the death of her father when she was only 15 and the loss of her husband in 2001.



Since finishing this book, I have found myself examining myself and my actions. I have started to think about things in a different way, and it's all for the good.



So...long story short...this book is a MUST READ if you haven't already read it.

0 comments: