CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Challenge

At school we have a staff challenge for those who want to participate. We are in teams and we weigh in each week on Fridays. The team that reaches February 27 with the most weight lost (in percentage) will win new warm up suits. Not the best prize in the world, but at least there is some motivation. I decided to participate in this challenge with one of my lunch buddies. Last week we lost a total of 7 pounds. She lost 4 and I lost 3. Let me say this...we weighed in on Monday after school and then again on Friday before school. I was pretty proud of the two of us for what we lost. We didn't really work out very much, we walked together one day after school. We both changed our eating habits though.

Some may be wondering why I am writing this for the whole world to see, although I'm not sure there are many people who read my blog. Oh well, I will give my reason anyway...I want to be held accountable to more than just my partner at school. I have been saying for a couple years now that I want to shed a few pounds and I want to be more fit. I'm great at talking about it and what I will do to achieve this goal, but I am also really good at putting off getting in shape. I am not happy with myself right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely unhappy. I just want to be more in shape than I am right now. I want to be able to get into a bathing suit and not feel as self conscience as I do. So...from now until at least February 27, if not longer, I will be reporting how many pounds I shed on Fridays. I will weigh in in the morning at school and update with a post at some point on Friday or during the weekend. Maybe this will help keep me motivated once the school challenge is over.

0 comments: