CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

I had to laugh...

So I was in one of my CWC classes (that would be class within a class) and one of the students in there asked me a question...and was VERY serious about it. She very seriously looked at me and asked, "Are you pregnant?" At first I was stunned that it was asked. Once I got over the shock of the question I replied to her with, "No. Why do you ask?" Her response was that I have been a little grumpy lately and she was just wondering. HAHA!!!! I explained that the reason I have been grumpy is because it has been a tough couple of weeks at school and that I haven't seen my husband in almost two weeks because he is at Officer Training in Virginia. She was very concerned about why I hadn't seen Brian and that it had been a tough couple of weeks at school. It took all I had to not laugh after the conversation was over. She was genuinely concerned. That's what makes teaching worth the stress...the genuine concern a majority of students have for their teachers and the "AHA!" moments. I needed that.

0 comments: