CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Is ignorance really bliss?

I find it extremely funny that some people are so against something they don't understand. Is ignorance really bliss?

I know that this post contains debatable subject matter. Feel free to leave your comments. Note that I am not trying to persuade one's opinion to be like mine. I am merely stating my opinion on the matter, that's all.

I saw that a friend on facebook had posted something about Congress possibly passing a bill allowing conceal carry on college campuses. This particular friend is VERY against conceal carry. I have no problem with someone being against conceal carry, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Now I don't know how much research she has done on the matter, but I have a lot of friends who are very against anything gun related and they don't know much about guns.

I shoot guns. Yes, that's right folks, I shoot guns. Judge me if you want, I'm proud of it. I was part of the first girls trap team at my high school and we did extremely well. I don't understand what all the excitment is about with guns. I know some people use the argument that guns kill people, well doesn't a person have to be operating the gun in order for it to kill someone? People kill people. Not everyone who owns a gun is a homicidal maniac. A lot of people who own guns use them to hunt or go to a gun club and shoot. Are there people who will abuse having a gun? Unfortunately there are, BUT not everyone is like that. My family owns several guns and we use them at a gun club. My husband goes deer and bird hunting every now and then. I would never use a gun to harm another human being. I simply like to go to a gun club and shoot at clay birds.

I'm stepping off my soap box now. Thank you for listening.

0 comments: