CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Alaska Pictures

I have been trying to find a way to put some pictures up so that I could share them with a couple of people and I have finally decided to just put them up on here. These are pictures that were taken during Spring Break 2008 in Alaska. Brian was in Anchorage for a rotation and his Spring Break was the same week as mine. He decided to stay there during Spring Break so I decided to head that way so I could see him. I am so glad I did! Everything was beautiful!

The day after I arrived we decided to drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks. We saw many amazing sights along the way including Mt. McKinley!



We went to Fairbanks in the hopes of seeing the Northern Lights, but we were not successful in seeing them. Even though we didn't see the Northern Lights we saw many other awesome things. We attempted to drive to the Arctic Circle and we would have succeded in that if a gas station would have been opened right after crossing the bridge going over the Yukon River.


As we made our attempt to get to the Arctic Circle we also saw the Pipeline!




When we stopped in the hopes of finding an open gas station we were actually stopped underneath the pipeline!



While we were in Fairbanks we went to an Ice Sculpture park! It's amazing how much detail can be put into the sculptures! My favorite one was a phone booth that the phone ac

tually worked!! There were all kinds of sculptures. Some you were only allowed to look out, but there were some that we could actually climb around on and in. They even had slides. We were just like big kids!


















I will post some more later. That way I don't bore everyone in one post. :) Seriously, if you ever get the chance to go to Alaksa, GO! It's beautiful!

0 comments: