CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Just thinking

In just 2 short days I will have been without my Oma for 3 years. It is extremely hard to believe that it has been 3 years. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday, and other times it feels so far away. I still miss her, a lot. I think about her a lot. I miss seeing her smiling face and hearing her German accent. I still wish that she was here, I wish she could have been at the wedding. I know that she loved Brian and was so happy that he and I were together. I know even though she wasn't there physically, she was there in spirit. She was watching over us and making sure that we were having the best day we could possibly have. I also know that she wasn't alone in doing that. Brian also had two grandparents watching over us and helping to make sure we had a great day.

It's also hard to believe that in the past 6 months I have attended two funerals. Both funerals were for very important women in my husband's life, his grandmothers. His grandmother on his mom's side passed away that day after he graduated from college, and 1 month before our wedding. His grandmother on his dad's side passed away the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It was a blessing for her, no matter how hard it was for us. She was ready to go, and had been ready to go for some time. Even though she was ready, the family never is ready to let go of someone they love. I know that these wonderful people are gone from physical viewing, but they will forever be watching over us and helping us through the tough times that are to come in our lives.

0 comments: