CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Sleepless...

I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep...and that just wasn't working out very well. I started to think about the wedding and how some very special and important people in our lives won't be there.

My Oma was a very special woman in my life, as a Grandmother should be. Whenever I pictured my wedding day, I pictured all four of my Grandparens there watching me as I walk toward the love of my life. I will still have 3 there, but there's still a void...a hole. She has been gone 2 and a half years and there are still days where it doesn't seem real. It seems like I should call Opa and hear Oma in the background saying, "Jerry, who is it?" I miss her smiling face. She would always light up when she would see Brian and me. I miss her so much...as do so many other people. Opa has been very emotional lately, as the wedding approaches the more he thinks about how Oma would have loved to have been here. We all know Oma will be there at the wedding in a front row seat, and a HUGE smile on her face.

Grandma Mac won't be there either...she passed away May 18...the day after Brian graduated from STLCOP. It's still hard to believe she's gone. I went with his parents to help clean her apartment out, and it was weird to think that she would never step foot in there again. I can still see her face light up when she would open that door to see Brian and me standing there. She was so excited for the wedding too...she wrote in her Blessings Book that she had to get strong so she could walk at the wedding in a month, that was written a few days before she passed away. I miss her too...but again, I know she will be there at the wedding in a front row seat right next to my Oma...and they will both have HUGE smiles on their faces.

I know they won't be at the wedding physically, but they will be there in so many other ways. In our thoughts, in pictures, and in spirit. They are both missed a lot.

0 comments: