CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thoughts

I have been giving some serious thought to what I want to do next year. I love being a teacher, but I feel like I am already burning out. I put my everything into it last year and have been putting my everything into it this year and have mixed feelings about certain things. I know this would be the case with almost any career, so I'm not too worried about it. I would love to start a family sometime in the near future, but I'm not sure that will happen anytime soon. Financially we aren't in the place we would like to be to start a family and I'm not sure that we're both ready for the added responsibility having a family brings. When we do start a family, I do not want to work. I want to be able to stay home and enjoy being a mom and wife. Right now, I barely have time to enjoy being a wife. I have jumped in head first for things at school, and sometimes I feel as though I have put a huge strain on my relationship with my husband. We hardly get to see each other right now because of our work schedules...mostly mine. I leave the house around 5:30 or 5:45 in the morning and don't get home until after 5:00 most days. I have several days where I put in over 12 hours at school. I know that marching season will soon be over (Saturday is our last competition and then we have a few parades), which will be nice...but almost as soon as marching season is over winter guard season starts. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited for winter guard. I really think this upcoming season will be a great one.

Enough from me for now...I have to get ready for the long day ahead of me.

0 comments: