CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Precious...

You never realize how precious life really is until something happens to remind you of this. No, nobody in my family died, but my cousin was very, very lucky. A couple of my cousins on my dad's side are country boys. One of my cousins was having a bon fire with some of his friends and the fire flashed back on him while he was holding the kerosene. Luckily he was wearing several layers of clothing and had a full beard. My cousin was fully engulfed in flames for a little while (I don't know how long). He has second degree burns on his face and neck and third degree burns on his hand that was holding the kerosene. If it hadn't been for those extra layers of cloths he may not be here today. He is obviously in the burn unit close to his home, but he is okay. I am so thankful that he's okay. Like I said...it just goes to show how precious life is and in a matter of seconds it can be taken away. Make sure you let those you love know every chance you get because you never know when they could be taken away from you.

1 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm glad to hear that your cousin is okay! That was very very lucky!